Class of 1982 - First meetings Info... (copy)

A place to leave information about upcoming reunions

Postby admin » Mon Aug 13, 2001 3:29 pm

Okay another cut & paste job! :biggrinyel:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
By Phill Cross on Thursday, July 05, 2001:  

We are working on the next meeting. We will advise when there is a date set.

Pebbles has been hard at work trying to get this organized. I know others have been helping quite a bit also... Terri Collins, Renee Johnson, Carolyn Smith, Helen Smyly, Brenda Wilder and many others... I wish to thank all of you for the hard work. We still have a long way to go.

Please don't forget to tell everyone you know from Groveton about this site. (I will be working on the updates soon) Especially, get in contact with everyone from your class that you can. Have them send either their info to admin@groveton.org; helen@groveton.org, or pebbles@groveton.org.

GHS Class of 81 has invited all Groveton Alums to join them for Happy Hour !
Friday, July 27, 2001 5pm til ??? at Potowmack Landing Restaurant. I know some had talked about going, so I thought I would PLUG it here!
By Brian L. Miller on Friday, June 08, 2001:  

Hello everyone.

It is great to see some of the names posted in the room. Randall, we missed you at our 15th reunion at UVA. Luis, happy to see you are still alive and kicking. Helen, I hope all is well with you as I have not heard from or about you in quite some time. Peter, I am amazed that you went into the practice of Law. Frank, a fellow Stoneybrooker, I hope you are doing well. Pebbles, no one is as sad about the demise of Roy Rogers than I.

I am looking forward to next years events. Although I live in Atlanta, I would like to be of assistance in any manner I can.
By Phill Cross on Monday, June 04, 2001:  

Okay ~

For the latest...
The date for the next GHS Class of '82 Reunion Planning Committee is Saturday, June 23, 2001! We are looking to meet at the Chart House in Old Town Alexandria around 7 pm.

I am receiving more emails daily and have collected quite a few names from our class... I know Helen is working hard also on gathering names... I have had a bunch of responses on Classmates.com since I signed up as Reunion Organizer... Helen and I have talked numerous times - Being that we are the "sub-committee" for the class alumni directory... We are attempting to gather everyone's email, phone numbers and addresses...

Everyone please forward your info to pebbles@groveton.org ; helen@groveton.org, or admin@groveton.org.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing many of you soon!
By Peter LaMarca on Monday, June 04, 2001:  

For various personal reasons, the Memorial Day weekend was not that memorable for me. I wish I could have attended on the 25th, and I will definitely be there on the 22nd.

Looking over the notes from the first meeting, did anyone discuss a systematic plan for locating class members? Besides locating and inviting everyone, we should be considering creating a directory. I think we are off to a great start, and we should set a goal of 100% awareness by next spring. Reply with your thoughts.
By Luis Chinchilla on Tuesday, May 29, 2001:  

Pebbles, et al. I am very excited about getting involved in the reunion effort. Although I have yet to make a gathering (work load is tremendous at the moment - that is actually a good thing) I do intend on helping.

Just out of curiosity? Has anyone ever been on one of these 'river excursions' so we can get an idea of what the atmosphere will be like?
By Brenda ~Pebbles~ "Moore" Richards on Tuesday, May 29, 2001:  

The initial first gathering of the 20th year reunion committee was a very productive first step. Our purpose is to make our twentieth memorable and exciting for everyone. Especially since many did not make the earlier reunions, we want everyone to come and have a great time. We can achieve this with a 3-day weekend celebration for the Class of 82.

We discussed and have begun investigating having an informal get together on the Friday. Saturday will be the main adult event with a 3-hour Saturday night cruise on possibly the Spirit of Washington. Sunday's closing event will be a Family Picnic. Hopefully this will provide something for everybody.

We are looking at the 3rd weekend of July in 2002.

We are searching for classmates that can assist or join the committee with their talents. Talent or resources in areas such as Art, media, marketing, travel etc. Another way to lend a hand is to send us suggestions and comments pertaining to the upcoming event and to especially pass on updates and contact information of Groveton's 1982 Alumni to:
Brenda Moore Richards (Pebbles) via Email pebbles@groveton.org or by phone Hm 703-765-8240 Wk 703-838-7050.
Phill Cross can also be contacted via this website or admin@groveton.org.
Helen Smyly via email helen@groveton.org

Let's Go Tigers!

The Class of '82,
20th Reunion Committee
By Phill Cross on Sunday, May 27, 2001:  

Sorry that I didn't post earlier...

Well, it was so great to see so many people on Friday. There were quite a few people who were interested in helping. We were able to get a lot accomplished. Many ideas and items were discussed . We decided on a date and started some sub-committees... Although there is still so much to be decided and finalized! We really could use more input and assistance!

We have scheduled another Reunion Planning Committee Meeting for FRIDAY, JUNE 22 in Old Town - We haven't selected an exact location... (will advise shortly!) We would like to see even more faces at this next meeting!

Please contact Helen Smyly, Pebbles or me for further information or simply post on this board for everyone to read!

By the way - By popular vote it was determined that the date for the Groveton Class of '82 Reunion will be the weekend of Friday, July 26 - Sunday, July 28, 2002
By Peter LaMarca on Friday, May 11, 2001:  

I am indeed working on something, and will have all of the plans ready for the meeting on the 25th. I tried to get things going last year, but I guess that was too early. I have changed jobs this year, and have been out of touch for a few weeks. This board is great! I think things are really going now. I hope to see lots of people on the 25th (yes, it is a holiday weekend, but I will be there)

Peter
By Randal Klein 82 on Thursday, May 10, 2001:  

Sorry I will not be able to attend any planning sessions -- I am living in the Big Apple (New York City.) Let me know if I can otherwise help. Good Luck everyone.
By Frank Hunt on Thursday, May 10, 2001:  

Does anyone realize the night the meeting is taking place is the Friday nite
of Memorial Day weekend? I'd love to go, but will be out of town by then
(unless I'm still stuck in traffic). :(

Frank
By Phill Cross on Thursday, May 10, 2001:  

I have seen a lot of posts on various boards and recently I have received several emails regarding the reunion.

Peter Lamarca ('82 Senior Class Pres.) was working on something but I haven't been able to reach him! Hoping someone can...

Terri Collins, Kim Pollard, Cindy Redding, Carolyn Smith, Helen Smyly, Brenda Wilder and others are working on getting something together... Brenda Richards (aka Pebbles Moore) wrote this to several alumni - :)

"Everyone,

I have not heard from Peter yet. I tried information in VA for a number to no avail. Cindy, do you have a phone number for Peter? I would like to inform him and get his thoughts. In the meantime, as many of you suggested let's move forward.

That first move will be on Friday, May 25 at La Madeleine (1915c Chainbridge Road -Tyson's Corner) at 6:45 p.m. Future locations will vary.

Please bring your thoughts and notes. I will send a brief agenda next week. If there are things that you want to include or suggest for the first gathering, please send me an email or call me.

I look forward to working with you all!

Let's Go Tigers!

Brenda Richards - "Pebbles Moore"
admin
Administrator
Administrator

Class of: 1982

Return to Reunion Information