[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4790: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
Ya kinda had to be there - - 1972 class reunion? • People & Places • Reunion Information • Groveton High School Alumni Association Forums

Ya kinda had to be there - - 1972 class reunion?

A place to leave information about upcoming reunions

Postby Jeff Merriam » Thu Aug 22, 2002 10:19 am

Jeff Merriam

Postby Brad King » Sat Aug 24, 2002 12:37 pm

also use e- mail address
blking5794@aol.com after , 6/15/03
Brad King

30th Reunion

Postby Jeanette Healey Jones » Wed Aug 20, 2003 7:30 pm

Took me a year to respond to Jeff, but, the reunion was an unusual event and I needed some time to ponder over the whole event.

I also knew few people at the reunion and was glad to have been part of the group of folks who volunteered to help run the event as it gave me something to do. Although the class of '72 was sparsely represented, it was still nice to somehow, for just a little while, pull back the curtain and take a peek into the past. Some people never really leave their high school days----reminded me of the Bruce Springstein song "Glory Days". Some people leave and never look back, but some, on occasion, take the old walk down memory lane and look things over. I find it helped me to some understanding of who I had become. I think that as I approach that great big "50" number, it is a good time to look at where I have been, how I got where I am, and where I am going. Certainly high school was a part of all our lives, whether it was a good or painful memory, there are building blocks in there that helped shape our futures.

I did enjoy talking to Mickey, Katie, Jeff and Kevin from our class as well as some of the folks from other classes as well. I hoped everyone enjoyed my little slide presentation with photos from old year books and places we used to go, like the Dixie Pig, Krispy Kreme and Dairy Queen.

Over all it was a pleasant evening shared with some old and some new friends and the start of what turned out to be a brief, but wonderful affair with an old classmate---life IS stranger than fiction!

So, my friends, if you get to go to a reunion, do it. You might be surprised at what happens!

Jeanette Healey Jones
Jeanette Healey Jones

Postby Thespian1972 » Thu Aug 21, 2003 9:24 am

Hi Jeanette!

When is the next reunion?

I plan on coming!

Remember working on a film for the Jr. class show in '71? We went
to the zoo and were trying to make it match the Simon and Garfunkel
song, "Something tells me it's all happening at the Zoo."
And how we wrote almost the entire show that funded the
prom, for which I had no date!

I have a nice memory of us after the Baccalaurete night.
Some of us decided to defy order and wear red roses in our sashes and hair.
We wore white dresses. I think there were some people at your place
after that night or the evening of the big graduation day.
We must all catch up with each other. The class of '72 Rules!
I married a handsome Englishe professor, John Michael Thro.
We just had a grand-daughter and I am visiting my daughter, the new baby and my son in law until Aug. 30th.
Hope to hear from you.
Kathryn Forrester
Class of '72
Thespian1972

Class of: 1971

Return to Reunion Information