Class of 1983 20th reunion - What do you want to do?

A place to leave information about upcoming reunions

Postby kraphael » Mon Feb 10, 2003 5:58 pm

Dear Groveton Class of 1983!!!!

We are now in the official planning stages for our 20th reunion.  Dates are set for October 9-13th, 2003, and all events will be held in and around Alexandria.  The big question is: what do you want to do?  What ideas do you have?  What would be fun?  Michelle Keyser Kelly is working on plans, but she would love input (and help?) from all of you.  We've been thinking about having a picnic at Ft. Hunt Park, having a big Saturday night shindig (where should it be?  how much would you be willing to pay?), meeting at a bar in Old Town on Friday night (where?), playing golf/frisbee/soccer/softball on Saturday somewhere...what would you like to do?

Please brainstorm here!  The more great ideas we have, the funner it will be...

I look forward to hearing from you (and seeing you in October!!!),

Kate Potter Raphael
kraphael

Postby joelkeys1983 » Tue Feb 11, 2003 12:39 am

Hey Kate,

Well, I am doing some checking on a cruise on one of the tour boats.  Figure either Saturday or Sunday afternoon. I do need to get an idea of the number of people that might be interested which will help on estimating costs.  I am going to get in touch with George Stevens at Belle Haven Marina as he has one boat and knows the captains of the other big ones.

Joel
joelkeys1983

Class of: 1983

Return to Reunion Information