[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4790: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
Hurricane Isabel - Is everbody alright? • People & Places • GHS Tiger Alumni • Groveton High School Alumni Association Forums

Hurricane Isabel - Is everbody alright?

These are general discussions for all members.

Hurricane Isabel - Is everbody alright?

Postby james forrester » Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:29 am

Hello,

I heard about your website from my distinguished little sister Kathryn Forrester Thro and joined a while ago. I know that many of you are still living in Virginia and Maryland, even in our old Home Town of Alexandria and D.C. so I hope everyone is OK!

Kathryn and her husband Professor Michael Thro are fine and living like cave-people down in Norfolk, Virginia. They have not had any power since 8am on Thursday last. Since the onslaught they have rediscovered some of the simple pleasures of life like hot water (which they don't have), electricity (which is expected to be returned on Thursday) and the internet (which will follow shortly from the recovery of electricity). She is fine and they are cooking stored food in the fireplace or on a little butane stove that Michael (her Husband) fired up over the weekend. Keep in mind that Norfolk has Tropical temperatures so don't worry. She will assuredly let everyone know when the lights come back on.

Can you imagine an entire week without power? We had one day of it back on August 14 here in NYC and that was quite enough-Thanks! I would have de-volved and "bugged out of the dug-out" if our August experience had extended into the weekend. I have a new profound respect for my pioneer sister.

Well, hope everyone is OK. Just wanted to let you know that she is surviving and will be in touch shortly.

Te Quiero old amigos!

James in New York
james forrester

Postby Jeanette Healey Jones » Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:04 pm

Hi, James, I am an old friend of your sister's. Perhaps she told you we had been in contact recently. I asked her about how you were, and she told me you are working in New York City. It is nice to be in contact with people I haven't seen or heard of in years.

Hope you are well and enjoying New York. Kathryn has some photos I sent her of the last reunion she can share with you, in case you haven't seen them.

Take care.

Jeanette
Jeanette Healey Jones

Return to GHS Tiger Alumni