[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4790: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
Okay so no one wants to start - - penguin feather • People & Places • GHS Tiger Alumni • Groveton High School Alumni Association Forums

Okay so no one wants to start - - penguin feather

These are general discussions for all members.

Postby admin » Thu Mar 14, 2002 6:42 pm

So who did it?
PENGUIN FEATHER
It's gone, bummer...

I remember going there to get record albums (raise your hand if you can recall those) and assorted other items...
ah hum...

Anyway, I've been out of the area for years and when I drive by there its GONE  :crazy:

Oh well, I still have memories...

Edited By admin on Mar. 14 2002 at 5:42
Phill Cross
Class of '82
Administrator
Groveton HS Alumni Assoc.
admin
Administrator
Administrator

Class of: 1982

Postby Marianne Bruner » Wed Mar 20, 2002 9:08 pm

Oh my gosh Phil.... Penguin Feather. I haven't thought about that place in years... Remember how the floors were so creaky and I think even sloped.
Well, one of my favorite memories was riding up and down the Parkway in Cindy Redding's mustang on warm days jammimg to Bruce Springstein. How we LOVED him. I can't remember what color her car was. How about all the time we spent at The Fish Market. To think they let me in when I was sixteen is scary. Our daughter is sixteen..I would kill her if she ever did that!!!!
Marianne Bruner

Postby admin » Thu Mar 21, 2002 8:44 am

Strange how times change...

When we were sixteen everything was so different. I think a little safer then too. Of course we were all extremely wise and way beyond our years :crazy:

My oldest, Preston, is going to be 14 this summer... Yikes, how times flies...

:cool:
Phill Cross
Class of '82
Administrator
Groveton HS Alumni Assoc.
admin
Administrator
Administrator

Class of: 1982

Postby Frank Hunt » Fri Mar 22, 2002 3:45 pm

No one seems to mention the back room at Penguin Feather, I wonder why?  I'm assuming you know it was there?  I would agree, Fish Market was probably tops as hang-outs went.  I still go there when I can.  What about Putt-Putt, and of course, McDonalds.  Franconia Skating Rink?  All my kids want to do now is the Mall (Potomac Mills).  It seems the "fun" things are gone.  Maybe thats a good thing. :)
Frank
Frank Hunt

Postby SiLK1 » Mon Jun 10, 2002 3:24 pm

I remember Penguin Feather...I got some of my best MAGAZINES!  Yeah, that's it...magazines...from that place!

They've completely razed the building where it used to be.
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted...
SiLK1

Postby Brad King » Mon Jun 10, 2002 6:58 pm

Hey Phil ,Brad KIng here ,The Feather has been gone for years. That was a wild place . I think we played music there once , I have a son 17 and I would never let him into a place like that .Funny how your mind works when we get a little older.          Brad ( 75 ) :   :crazy:
also use e- mail address
blking5794@aol.com after , 6/15/03
Brad King

Postby smarner » Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:32 pm

If I recall correctly, Penguin Feather was shut down because of that back room. Not that the stuff in it was illegal, but that it was imported improperly without payment of proper tariffs/taxes, etc. If it hadn't been knocked down, the building probably soon would have fallen down anyway! :)
smarner

Postby CRedd » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:53 pm

Marianne..
The first car was a 69 army green mustang... Then there was the 81 blue one.. Both had Bruce Springsteen blaring at the time.. Man, Thanks for the memory!!!
-Cindy
CRedd

Return to GHS Tiger Alumni