Old Groveton HS Student Population

These are general discussions for all members.

Old Groveton HS Student Population

Postby admin » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:22 pm

Below is an email that I received. I thought maybe someone could answer them with the info they request.
Dear "Administrator,"

FCPS is planning to construct a new elementary school to accommodate population increase in the Groveton-Hybla area. Such isn't, of course, done on the cheap.

However, it occurs to me that the fold Groveton HS (now Bryant Alternative) has plenty of classroom space and support (playing/athletic field, gym, auditorium) available to accommodate such with perhaps slight modification. The principal at present Bryant advises that total student population there is only 679, and that includes 164 adult education and 78 "day care" students. Subtracting those, the former HS has only about 425 students. The adult education can surely be moved elsewhere, although I'm not sure about the day-care. Exemplifying this, the principal advises that only FIVE FCPS busses deliver students to/from Bryant during the school day.

To further calibrate the potential for making full use of the former Groveton HS in lieu of building another, new school, do you odr any on your list know what the approximate student population was for the old Groveton HS.

The same data regarding the present Islamic Saudi Academy (old Mt. Vernon HS) further south on US Rt#1 would be most useful.

Sincerely,

L.F. Helm
helm355@aol.com
Phill Cross
Class of '82
Administrator
Groveton HS Alumni Assoc.
admin
Administrator
Administrator

Class of: 1982

Return to GHS Tiger Alumni