[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4790: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
Mr. Huppart - Whatever happened to him? • People & Places • Favorite Teachers • Groveton High School Alumni Association Forums

Mr. Huppart - Whatever happened to him?

Talk about those teachers you liked or even those you disliked.

Postby admin » Mon Aug 13, 2001 1:23 pm

What ever happened to Mr. Hupart?

Greatest 11th grade History teacher I could ever imagine... He really had a way of getting everyone involved and interested in the class, regardless of their frame of mind; I showed up with many different ones of those depending on the day...

I still tell people that Mr. Hupart was the best teacher I ever had! Anyone else had any dealings with him around 1980-1981?

Robert Braun('81)

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Originally posted by titan2446@aol.com 24 MAR 2001</span>
admin
Administrator
Administrator

Class of: 1982

Postby admin » Mon Aug 13, 2001 1:25 pm

Robert Braun ...
"Jamming!" hahahahahaha... too funny.

Is that the guy (Mr. Hupart) who used to be there in school early every morning playing that big band music?

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Originally posted by richard.mcgregor@sabre.com 27 MAR 2001</span>
admin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby admin » Mon Aug 13, 2001 1:38 pm

Hi Robert,

Sadly, Marv migrated over to Fort Hunt for awhile until he became ill. My mother used to drive cancer patients to their appointments, and she once drove Mr. Hupert to his. He's gone, now; I can't remember what year it was when she told me, but it was an incredible blow to realize he was gone. He accomplished the impossible for me; he made history seem real and not something to fear and loathe

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Originally posted by Leigh Maddox 17 APR 2001</span>
admin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby admin » Mon Aug 13, 2001 1:40 pm

Indeed Mr. Hupert was the guy that came in early and played the big band music in the morning.

Great guy; very sorry to hear that he is gone! He got me off to a humerous start every day...

Robert Braun('81)

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Originally posted by titan2446@aol.com 18 MAY 2001</span>
admin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Jeannette Roberts » Wed Feb 20, 2002 9:28 pm

Indeed, he got involved.  I'm sorry to hear he's no longer with us.  Last time I saw him, he was at our 10 class reunion in 1985.  He will be missed.  I remember role playing the Russian Tzar history stuff and Earl (tall black guy, can't remember his last name) was the Tzar, what a production!  Does anyone remember the nose and glasses thing he used to do???  Haven't thought about that kind of stuff in years.
Class of 75'
Jeannette Roberts

Class of: 1974

Postby rcgreen » Thu Apr 25, 2002 7:22 pm

My memories go back a bit further (class of 1970)
Mr. Hupart was indeed the only teacher I
ever liked in 12 years of public school.

He apparently liked jazz, was always talking
about Fats Waller.
:cool:
Randy C. Green
Living in "DENIAL"...me and Cleopatra.
rcgreen

Postby juliasmithmartin » Wed Jun 12, 2002 7:48 pm

juliasmithmartin

Postby hopebrewster » Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:05 am

hopebrewster

Return to Favorite Teachers