[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4790: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
Class of 1983 - Any Plans? • People & Places • Reunion Information • Groveton High School Alumni Association Forums

Class of 1983 - Any Plans?

A place to leave information about upcoming reunions

Postby admin » Mon Aug 13, 2001 2:38 pm

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Originally posted by jkeys1@austin.rr.com Wednesday, August 01, 2001</span>

Hey folks! Any beginnings of a plan for 1983? It's not as far off as I (we?) might like to think. I'm in touch with a few of our members. Maybe we should coordinate with 82 and/or 84?

Joel Keys (home email: jkeys1@austin.rr.com)
admin
Administrator
Administrator

Class of: 1982

Postby joelkeys1983 » Fri Nov 08, 2002 8:10 am

Hey folks,

So anyone heard anything about plans for next year?  I am assuming sometime late May/early June?
joelkeys1983

Class of: 1983

Postby Kate Potter Raphael » Thu Jan 02, 2003 11:13 pm

Kate Potter Raphael

Postby Angie Lapallo Rugari 1983 » Fri Jan 03, 2003 7:53 am

Angie Lapallo Rugari 1983

Postby Greg Betterton » Sat Jan 04, 2003 3:00 pm

Greg Betterton

Postby joelkeys1983 » Sun Jan 05, 2003 11:55 pm

joelkeys1983

Class of: 1983

Postby Tim Cain » Mon Jan 06, 2003 1:11 pm

Tim Cain

Postby admin » Mon Jan 06, 2003 1:51 pm

Whoever is going to coordinate this please contact me.

I will add your information to the class list pages.

I have yet to create your section but as soon as I receive the information I will set it up as

Thanx
Phill Cross
Class of '82
Administrator
Groveton HS Alumni Assoc.
admin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kevinpringle83 » Mon Jan 06, 2003 3:27 pm

Hello all,
I am looking forward to a 20 year like all of you. I am in Houston but would like to help if I can.  We should try to meet on the net somewhere and coordinate in some form of a chat room.  If this sounds good, lets plan a discussion so those of us not there can help?

Kevin Pringle
Kevin Pringle
kevinpringle83

Postby Michelle Keyser Kelly » Mon Jan 06, 2003 7:28 pm

Hello!

It's great to hear everyone talking about the reunion.  And this site seems like a good place to start reconnecting...and planning.  I'm pulling together an email list of all alums.  Please send me information on anyone you might keep in contact with.  In the meantime, we can continue to chat here.  As soon as we've got some details, we'll go ahead and post them.  I'm looking for volunteers (all you out of staters can help too!)...our first priority is to set a date.  So email me (mkelly@nab.org or michellerickk@aol.com) and let me know your preferences.  I'm thinking that a fall weekend (Columbus Day) might be best...summers are full of vacations and it's still warm enough in Oct to do some things outside.  However, our 10 year over the Thanksgiving break worked well too.  My recommendation is that we also plan multiple activities around the weekend so that we can have plenty of time to reconnect...with each other and our families.  I'd like to do something at Fort Hunt Park (brings back memories for all of us) and something a little more formal Sat. night.  Perhaps a special section in the bleachers at a Groveton (we can pretend it's still Groveton) football game Friday night, a golf tournament, icebreaker at a bar in Olde Towne or someplace like Dave & Busters Friday night???  I'd love to have a coordinator for each activity (hint hint).  Anyone know of a classmate who is a meeting planner/work at a hotel?

Please email me with suggestions/locations/dates, etc.  I want to be sensitive to costs as well (especially for those traveling), so let me know what you think is reasonable.   Looking forward to hearing from everyone...and seeing you in 03!
Michelle Keyser Kelly

Postby admin » Tue Jan 07, 2003 4:39 pm

The site is set up.

I am still working on the Contact Form database.
{UPDATE: 01/08/2003}
I just completed this. You may enter in your information, this will then be added to the database. It will only be released to the Reunion Planning Committee Co-ordinator. This way they will have your complete contact information.

You now have a class mailing list, with this you can send one email to everyone on the list.

When you have additional information for the site please advise.

Edited By admin on Jan. 08 2003 at 11:12
Phill Cross
Class of '82
Administrator
Groveton HS Alumni Assoc.
admin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby chrys peterson » Thu Jan 09, 2003 1:16 am

hi guys and gals!!
i can't tell you how excited i am just to read all your messages!! where did the time go?!?
i too have been dreaming about reuniting with you all for our 20th, because i may be too wrinkled to attend any future reunions  :D
i live in toledo (ohio, not spain) but would be glad to help in any way i can to plan.  michelle mentioned october...i think that sounds great...and maybe we could do a couple of different events i.e. a cocktail party, picnic, etc? over the weekend?  whatever i can do, count me in!
looking forward to reconnecting with everyone!!!
chrys peterson
chrys peterson

Postby melhook » Thu Jan 09, 2003 1:23 pm

I'm glad to see there is so much excitement about getting together.  I've been talking to the former groveton-people that I still keep in touch with and forwarding this website to them.  
A variety of events sounds great.  Love the Ft. Hunt Park idea and the cocktail party - Maybe Chadwicks would let us have the upstairs for it?  (memories of Chadwicks just FLOODED my head.  Do you think they've fixed the doors in the ladies room by now?)
I'm local on weekdays (for now) and will do what I can to help.  I've been passing the word and I'll email mailing address and emails to Michelle as soon as I get them all together.   Looking forward to seeing you all again.
melhook

Postby kraphael » Thu Jan 09, 2003 5:06 pm

Hello everybody out there!  

Michelle Keyser Kelly is now officially collecting all names and contact information of 1983 alums, so please send names and addresses of everybody you keep in touch with so we can contact as many people as possible.  Her e-mails: mkelly@nab.org or [email]michellerickk@aol.com.  [/email].  

Please also take a second to register yourself at a spin-off of this web-site that was created specifically for our reunion: 1983.groveton.org.  I will use addresses off of that site to send you something to fill out for the reunion bio catalog, so start making up good stories about yourself now!  Here is a question you can start thinking up a good answer for: What is a fact (re: your life) that would startle your classmates?

Is anybody living anywhere near Tim and I, out here in Portland, Oregon?  

Where is Lee Anne Logie?  Melissa or Isabel: do you have her e-mail?  Hi Chrys!!!  Thank you for the holiday card.  Your daughter is so adorable (just like you!).  Emerson: do you think you can get Britney Spears to sing at the reunion?

I would like to invite our teachers to one of the reunion events.   Does anybody know where our teachers are?  Mr. Russell?  Gretchen Matthews?  Ms. Horton?

Keep in touch!  My home e-mail is  k8r@teleport.com.

Oh, and by the way, if you're eavesdropping on this conversation and you are thinking to yourself This is really interesting and weird to read about all of these people I haven't thought about in 20 years but there's no way in #### I'm going to my 20th reunion (yeah you, Adam Gelb!) well you are wrong.  YOU are the person I want to see!  (The universal 'you,' not just Adam Gelb.)  This reunion will not be fun if I'm standing in a low-ceilinged, poorly-lit room at the Crystal City reunion dipping Ruffles potato chips in sour cream onion dip all by myself SO start saving $50/month and get your you-know-what to Virginia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   In October,  maybe...date still to be decided.

Okay...enough fun.  Now I need to go do the dishes.

Love from Kate
kraphael

Postby Cristina Seckinger » Thu Jan 16, 2003 4:35 pm

HI folks! Thanks for your note Kate.  What fun to see all your messages and to find out where you all are. Everyone so far is in a place warmer than me...I'm in Cambridge, MA these days, but could possibly help from afar. Greg B., maybe we can make up an interesting life story together?! We have plenty of time to come up with something good.  Glad to read about you and look forward to catching up.
Cristina Seckinger

Postby Nils Christoffersen » Tue Jan 21, 2003 1:35 am

Nice work Kate, Michele, Joel and co.  This is already fun...just thinking about old times, and looking forward to the reunion...I'm in North East Oregon in a very small town, with a wife I found in Zimbabwe and a small tribe of kids....we'll have to charter a plane to come back..when are we planning to do this?  Nils
Nils Christoffersen

Return to Reunion Information