[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4790: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
Welcome to your forum - ::: Transferred Information ::: • People & Places • GHS Tiger Alumni • Groveton High School Alumni Association Forums

Welcome to your forum - ::: Transferred Information :::

These are general discussions for all members.

Postby admin » Mon Aug 13, 2001 12:03 pm

I would like to thank Everyone who has visited. Please tell your friends and Classmates

For those of you who don't know has moved the Groveton Forum to their own site! Additionally, They have prevented non-PAYERS from participating in the Forum! I thought that was extremely UNFAIR!

Therefore I started this Forum where it is a completely Open Forum and FREE!

I have not put any restrictions on the participants, all I ask is that you use your discretion in your posts!

This is an open forum anyone can read your posts! Unfortunately this means that some unscrupulous visitors can get your email address, if you post them, and start spamming you! I certainly hope this doesn't occur but I want to warn of the possibilities!

Additionally, the use of Blatant Vulgarity will not be permitted. DO NOT offend others who visit this site.

Also, I would appreciate it if you would curtail any "Business" posts. Please keep to the subject. People who do use this to post such nonsense will have that post deleted and continued violations will have their access restricted or eliminated.

I want this to be a forum that anyone can use to contact classmates and keep up on events!

PLEASE DON'T ABUSE THIS FORUM!

Don't forget, you can show your support by purchasing a email address (YourName@Groveton.org) Only Ŭ a year. Visit:

Again I would like to thank you for visiting! As this forum starts to grow, I will be looking for assistance in maintaining this forum.  If you are willing to help, please let me know.

Thank you ~

admin@groveton.org
Class of '82
Administrator
Groveton High School Forum
admin
Administrator
Administrator

Class of: 1982

Postby admin » Mon Aug 13, 2001 12:18 pm

I have attached all the posts from the previous site that were in response to this topic below. There were just too many to try and enter them individually... Okay, so I'm lazy... :biggrinyel:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
By GENE WELDON on Thursday, August 09, 2001:  

Great site! I stumbled across it by accident! Class of '76 here....The last class out of the old Popkins Lane address. Any know when, or if, a 25 year reunion was held?......Thanks
By Sherri Peck on Tuesday, August 07, 2001:  

Where is everyone?! I'd like to hear about other Grovetonites/Tigers from the class of '72 and I haven't heard from or about anyone. Could be that these oldtimers are not yet computer-knowledgeable. Whatever! I'm still around and would love to hear from y'all.
Sherri Peck
By Toni McGuire-Klughart on Wednesday, August 01, 2001:  

Hi,
This is Toni McGuire-Klughart class of '82. I talked with Phyllis Clover-Cushman, class of '81 and she told me about the '82 reunion. This is a great site, thanks Phil!

I'm living in GA these days and would love for classmates to e-mail me: organist32@hotmail.com is my e-mail. Talk to you soon.

Toni Klughart
By fish on Friday, June 22, 2001:  

This is a great site, thanks Phill
By Jeanne Smith Brown on Wednesday, May 30, 2001:  

Help! We are looking for 'missing' members of the GHS Class of '81 -
Please check out the missing persons list posted in the Reunion Topic (Class of '81) and e-mail me - Jeanne (Smith) Brown at weandan@aol.com or Saskia Jansen at spjansen@mindspring.com or Donna Vaughn at dvaughn@oldtownhis.com - with e-mail and/or snail-mail addresses of your 'missing' buddies! Thanks!
By A.G. Ohoseven 69 on Friday, May 25, 2001:  

GRRRRR RREAT!!!
By Phill Cross on Friday, May 25, 2001:  

A. G. & Websurfer ~

I did in fact get the Groveton tiger paws and the walking tiger from the original Classmates "Groveton" Site.

However, I did request permission from Classmates. I also emailed Kassey (one of the moderators.) Classmates stated that any graphics that are used on their site that are not exclusive copyrighted graphics of Classmates, were public domain. Kassey never got back to me regarding the images.

If you see an image on my pages that is not Public Domain, please email me. It is not my intention to rip-off graphic artists. Therefore, as far as using the graphics for your site I would assume that it is alright.

Thanx
By websurfer on Friday, May 25, 2001:  

A.G.

I don't think you need to worry about using ole Phil's tigers since he took them from the former Groveton Classmates.com site and I don't believe he asked permission. I say go for it!

websurfer
By A.G. Ohoseven 69 on Thursday, May 24, 2001:  

Hey Phildo
K.A. graphics (the 'paw prints' & 'walking' tiger)... where'd ya get 'em, man? I mean did ya do 'em yourself or pick 'em up from somewhere (or someone) else?
Can I use 'em on my site? Thanks in advance.
A.G. Ohoseven '69
By artzi on Tuesday, May 22, 2001:  

This is a great idea! Did all you Tiger Pups know that most of the Class of '59--the second class ever to graduate from Groveton, turns 60 this year?! I'll bet I'm the oldest person to post so far, and I still look 18! Right. The McDonalds on Rt. 1 opened while we were students. They were proud to have sold more than 100,000 burgers! Kay Barret Bilisoly '59
By mike bostic on Sunday, May 20, 2001:  

hey phil great site i will send it on mike(boss)bostic e mail mkb621@aol.com
By Anne "Berrios" Kaskey on Friday, May 11, 2001:  

I would like to say Hi to all my fellow Tigers. I would love to hear from any of you who remember me. This is Anne Berrios Kaskey, I live in Ohio. My email: akaskey@yahoo.com Lets write and get in touch again. Hope to see all of you next year or sooner. Gotta get back to work.

Friends Forever,

Anne Berrios Kaskey
By Jeanne Smith Brown on Friday, May 11, 2001:  

GHS Class of ’81 invites all Groveton Alums to join us for Happy Hour !
Friday, July 27, 2001 5pm ‘til ??? at Potowmack Landing Restaurant

Attention all GHS Tigers: Help the class of ’81 kick-off our 20th Reunion Weekend!
Cash Bar Happy Hour at Potowmack Landing Restaurant
5pm ‘til ????
Ward Room and Main Bar
Potowmack Landing Restaurant, at the Washington Sailing Marina / One Marina Drive / The George Washington Memorial Parkway 22314 (Restaurant is 1 mile south of Reagan National Airport; follow signs to ‘Washington Sailing Marina / Daingerfield Island)
By Jennie Dancy on Saturday, April 14, 2001:  

Phil, thanks again for setting this up. Classmates.com must be idiots for thinking they'll get all those people to pay.
By Debbie on Thursday, March 29, 2001:  

Hello, From the class of 1978 at Groveton Get High
School, I am still looking for long time friends
at high school but so far not luck, so I am wondering what is up with this. I am sure they are
not all dead, but out there somewhere,
So, I am wondering which ones moved out of Alexandria area, I did but not to Far just to Stafford, VA I like the fact that there is not to
much traffic this way. Got to go, e-mail me at
foxielady39@yahoo.com
By Strick 82 on Wednesday, March 28, 2001:  

Good job
By Brian L. Miller on Thursday, March 22, 2001:  

Phil,

This is great. I am excited to see that you and a handful of others are taking the lead in making sure that we have an outlet to communicate with my Tiger Bretheren. I hope all is well with my classmates.

Brian L. Miller
By PennyPotterMiller on Thursday, March 15, 2001:  

Hi guys!!! Thanks Phil for creating this site. I can't believe what classmates has done.
By Chip_82 on Tuesday, March 13, 2001:  

Great site Phildo! Thanks a lot you ape-walking maniac!

Chip McGregor, '82.
By Frank Hunt on Monday, March 12, 2001:  

Thanks Phil!! Hi CS.
Frank Hunt '82
By Kim Pollard Curry ,82 on Saturday, March 10, 2001:  

Great Site!!! Thanks a bunch Phil!
Kim Pollard Curry '82
By steve marshall on Thursday, March 08, 2001:  

Thanks Phil !
Steve Marshall '74
admin
Administrator
Administrator

Class of: 1982

Postby Adam » Fri Jan 25, 2002 5:19 pm

Phil, great site.
I am looking forward to reuniting with everyone this summer.
Adam

The GHS Tiger Forum

Postby Thespian1972 » Mon Aug 11, 2003 10:59 am

Phil,

You're doing such a great job. I'm a brand new "junior" member and enjoy
so much linking up with other alumni. I had not heard about the other website
trying to 'steal" us away into their own sites. As for those of us who want to
make a donation, could you let us know how and where to send a check to you?

Perhaps there are some who are shy/or unable to use a credit card over the internet, but would easily be able to send a check or money order in support of your fine work on this site. Could you post this in a reply somehow?
Come on, fellow Tigers, let's hear it for our administrator! Thanks again for this wonderful site and an opportunity to reminisce with fellow Tigers.

Kathryn Forrester, Class of '72.
Thespian1972

Class of: 1971

Return to GHS Tiger Alumni