Any one remember d.k. (dorothy kogleman)

Talk about those teachers you liked or even those you disliked.

Any one remember d.k. (dorothy kogleman)

Are there any retired "dramazoids" out there?
17%
Do you know know what ever happened?
83%

Total votes : 6

Postby charles woznak » Sun Mar 24, 2002 6:01 pm

any one remember D.K.?  Dorothy Kogleman, the Theatre arts teacher?
CLWoznak
charles woznak

Class of: 1979

Postby bongreen » Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:16 pm

I went to DK's funeral. I miss her a lot. But its because of her that I stayed in Drama, and got BFA in Theatre Directing. Have worked in most major theaters in Wash., DC area, and am now work in television.
bongreen

Postby toni1982 » Mon Jul 15, 2002 10:20 pm

I do remember D.K., but I never was a student of hers.  I was in choir so often I would see her in the halls of the performing arts building.  I was saddened by her passing and remember that well.  She did have a profound effect on so many people.
Here I am, Lord!
toni1982

Postby Adam » Fri Jul 19, 2002 3:03 pm

DK died my senior year 82 of cancer.  She was a great lady and a great teacher.
Adam

Postby Kathie Strong » Mon Sep 09, 2002 11:30 am

Who could forget DK? She was awesome. I had her in 9th grade with Kevin Peck and Becky Yane. She was a saint to put up with us. Because she was a professional, she made a lasting impression on me on performing arts.
K Strong
Kathie Strong

Postby oflare » Thu Oct 03, 2002 4:31 pm

I remember d.k. very fondly. She was a very kind and patient lady. I was only at Groveton for two years (78-80) before my family moved, but most of my memories from my time at Groveton come from being involved on the tech side of the Drama department.

William O'Flaherty
oflare

Postby Jennifer Gilman » Mon Oct 06, 2003 11:55 pm

Bonnie Green! Are you still out there? I know it's a year after you posted but...I'd love to hear how you are.
love, "Jenny"
Jennifer Gilman

Who could forget her.

Postby William Aitken » Mon Dec 01, 2003 6:11 pm

I was lucky in the short time I was at Groveton, well at least sharing your campus as some idiots burned my school Fort Hunt down, to have D.K in my life. She inspired me as an actor and made me believe in myself. If it wasn't for her I know I wouldn't be working as an actor today.

Bill Aitken
William Aitken

Hey there Jennifer Gilman

Postby bongreen » Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:11 am

Jennifer Gilman wrote:Bonnie Green! Are you still out there? I know it's a year after you posted but...I'd love to hear how you are.
love, "Jenny"

Yep, I'm still here in the area. Living in the folks house even, back in Hollin Meadows. Dad passed last year, and mom now in home. So I'm taking care of things.
Hope all is well. Sorry for delay in responding, but it was just brought to my attention that you were looking for me.

I rarely check this site, so you may respond directly to bongreen@gte.net.
bongreen

Dorthie Kogelman

Postby Thespian1972 » Sat Dec 27, 2003 3:44 pm

No one can forget the unforgettable. DK, as we called her in the class of '72, was a brilliant and caring teacher. When I first logged onto this site months ago, I asked if there were former Thespians out there and am so glad (though not surprised) that her life continued to inspire so many years both before and after I was privileged to be there in in the Troupe.
She was a fine lady and I thinkof her often.
Kathryn Forrester, Class of '72.
Thespian1972

Class of: 1971

Postby hopebrewster » Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:12 am

Dottie Kogleman was/is a class act. I was blessed to be mentored by her, and although we did not agree on every idea, I respected her opinions.

She encouraged me to act, today as I do public speaking, I remember her!

Very attractive lady!
hopebrewster

Re: Any one remember d.k. (dorothy kogleman)

Postby melissastone » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:56 pm

Yes, DK was a one-of-a-kind wonderful person and teacher. She was an amazing inspiration, patient and demanding of excellence at the same time... I learned how to feel comfortable speaking in front of large groups, and to PROJECT! ;-) I went to her funeral, too. May she rest in peace... Melissa Stone, Class of '80
melissastone

Re: Any one remember d.k. (dorothy kogleman)

Postby andrewlamothe » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:53 am

I was privileged to serve as her student stage manager 65-66 and 66-67. She spent a lot of time trying to get me to do more on stage but only succeeded in getting me to act in the Greek one act plays at the state competition which we won that year. I will never forget Dorothy. We had so many talented thespians I loved every minute of time on the stage crew.
andrewlamothe

Class of: 1967

Return to Favorite Teachers